Saturday, June 22, 2013

Hoops and Yoyo's Love Child: JimmyJane Form 2

Basics:
  • Intensity: 4 out of 5,  buzzy-ish vibrations
  • Noise: 3 out of 5
  • Material: Silicone
  • Power: Rechargeable battery

Happies:
  • Dual motor design creates powerful vibrations
  • Rechargeable
  • Waterproof
  • Hidden pattern

Crappies:
  • No storage pouch or case
  • Possible glitch or flaw
  • Relatively loud and obnoxious



I really can not be the only one who thinks the JimmyJane Form 2 looks like the love child of Hoops and Yoyo. No? It is just me? Well...let’s continue.


I’ve been lusting after the JimmyJane Form 2 for years. When it was released in 2009, I saw it in a local sex shop and I knew I had to have it. I was shopping for an inexpensive vibrator but I couldn’t stop playing with this one. I was inexperienced with vibrators but I still knew that this odd ball of a vibrator would be my best friend. I couldn’t resist the idea of pushing the two ears on either side of my clit. Unfortunately, the price of the Form 2 kept me from buying it for years. I finally took the plunge and I am so glad I did. Since I’ve received my Form 2, I haven’t touched my We-Vibe Salsa. That’s saying something. I love my Salsa but the Form 2 is giving it a run for its money.

The Form 2 has an interesting design. Some people have described this as looking like a tooth or the legs and stomach of a person. Whatever it looks like to you, it looks like an excellent design for a clitoral vibrator to me. It has a rounded, bulb-like base with two protruding ears. Each ear has a motor in it, allowing for the “in-stereo” stimulation that JimmyJane boasts. The Form 2 is small enough to easily fit in the palm of your hand, allowing for easy use. It isn’t designed like a typical vibrator so those of you who are clever may be able to come up with a good cover story if someone discovers this little beauty. In its entirety, it is 3 inches tall. The base has a circumference of 5.5” and it makes up 1.75” of the entire length or height. Each ear is 1.25” long and roughly 2.25” in circumference. The gap between the ears is slightly more than ⅓ of an inch wide. Overall, it’s a pretty small vibrator.

The JimmyJane Form 2 is quite powerful! There are a total of four power levels and a total of four patterns. JimmyJane mentions three patterns in the manual; an oscillation pattern, a rev-up pattern, and a fast pulse pattern. However, JimmyJane is a sneaky pattern ninja and included a hidden pattern they call an “anarchy” pattern. The anarchy pattern can be accessed by pressing “+-+-+-” (left, right, left right, B, A, start?) in quick succession. This pattern is total chaos. It goes through every pattern and power level with no rhyme or reason. I’ve never been a pattern fan and the Form 2 didn’t change that. I stick to the steady vibrations. And that’s all I need. Oh boy, those dual motors....

The two ears and the dual motor are really unique and make exploring a lot of fun. There are so many options for use! You can use this with your clitoris between the ears with the Form 2 held horizontally or vertically. You can also pinch the two ears together during use for an intense pinching experience. While all of these feel fantastic, I’ve discovered that my absolute favorite way to use this is on a steady pattern with it held at an angle. If you imagine a compass, the ears would be held NW and SE of my clitoris. From there, I slowly twist it until its completely vertical and twist it back to an angle. The twisting, vibrating, and gentle tugging of the skin feels amazing. When I use my Salsa, I generally stick to the highest setting or the second highest setting. While it feels about as strong as the Salsa when you’re holding it, the dual motors in the Form 2 make it seem so powerful that I don’t even need to use this on its strongest setting. Imagine two small Salsas resting on either side of your clitoris. Yeah, it feels as amazing as it sounds. Unfortunately, I find the Form 2 to be a bit buzzier than the Salsa. It’s not the end of the world to me but if someone really needs rumbly vibrations, they may not be a big fan of the Form 2.  I haven’t used the Form 2 during intercourse very much because the body of the vibrator is a bit bulky to rest between my body and my partners in man-on-top positions. However, it does work well in rear-entry positions and woman-on-top positions.
On crappy thing about the Form 2 is the lack of storage case. I’m a sucker for sex toy that come with their own storage cases or pouches. It makes it much easier for me to toss it into my set of drawers without worrying. The Form 2 comes with a charging base that is clearly meant to be displayed. There is no cover for it like the We-Vibe vibrator charging base. I do keep my Form 2 on its base on my nightstand but we all know how silicone gets along with dust. It needs to be rinsed thoroughly before use. I’m not lazy when it comes to cleaning my toys after use but I want a toy I can just reach for and use. I don’t want to run to my bathroom to rinse it off every time I feel the urge to use it. I have plans to sew a storage pouch for this and the base but I’m a procrastinator so we’ll see how long it takes me to get around to that...

A note on the infamous “glitch.”  Many people report experiencing a “glitch” or “flaw” with the Form 2. This glitch caused the vibrations to shift from the ears to the base when pressure was applied to the ears or when the Form 2 was held a certain way. The glitch was accompanied by a very different noise, often described as a high pitched whining. I personally haven’t experienced the glitch, even when I try to cause it. I’ve read a few more recent reviews of the Form 2 and it seems like JimmyJane may have fixed the problem with the dual motors. They haven’t officially released a statement announcing this but the newer models do not seem to be experiencing the glitch as often as older models if it happens at all. When I apply a lot of pressure to the Form 2, it does seem to sputter a bit but the vibrations don’t shift in the way others have described. Others have said that the glitch didn’t start until after they had owned the Form 2 for quite some time so I  guess we’ll have to wait and see if mine decides to become a bitch and glitch out.

Overall: I’m so glad I finally bought the Form 2. It’s unique shape and dual motors make it stand out in my collection of vibrators. It’s right up there with the We-Vibe Salsa as my favorite/most-used vibrator. It can make me squirt every time I use it. The first time I used it, I soaked through two towels and my two comforters on my bed. Whooooopsies. If you're a fan of clitoral vibrators, this is basically a must-have.

No comments:

Post a Comment