Tuesday, June 25, 2013

TMI Tuesday: June 25th, 2013

Look guys! My first TMI Tuesday! This week's topic was "sex talk & sex ed." Could I have chosen a more perfect topic to start with?

1. Have you ever investigated having an open relationship?
- Have you tried to have an open relationship?
 My partner and I have investigated an open relationship but it didn't work out. He was open to me seeing another person but things fell apart. C'est la vie. We're not looking to keep our relationship open at this point but I think if someone else came along, we'd explore opening up our relationship or even entering into a polyamorous relationship. Until then, we're happy with just each other.

2. Do you have any sexual phobias?
Oh god, never ever choke me or gag me. Don't even touch my neck. People who touch my neck or choke me must have a death wish. I will gag, flail, punch, kick, bite, and vomit. Do. not. touch. my. neck. I can see the appeal of it for other people but it is something I can not stand.
- What have you done to manage or overcome them?
I'm not trying to overcome it. I kind of have no desire to overcome it. My partner understands I'm terrified of being choked or gagged and he respects it. 




3. What is the best new sexual activity you have tried in 2013?
Anal stimulation! I finally bought my first butt plug after a lot of deliberation. I can't wait to explore even more. My partner expressed some interest in anal play a while ago but neither of us were dying to try it; it was just a possibility we were both open to. I'm glad I finally made the decision to buy a butt plug to get started.

4. Have you ever called into a sex advice radio/television show or written to a sex advice columnist?
- Was it helpful?
I haven't, surprisingly. 

5. Would you use the services of a sex therapist? Why or why not?
Ya know, I'm not sure. I've considered going into the field of sex therapy myself. Without sounding too cocky, I don't know that a sex therapist would be beneficial to me since I am educated in the field and I continue to research sexual therapy. 

6. Should sex therapists be allowed to engage in actual sexual activities with clients? Why or why not?
Sex therapists? No. Sexual surrogates? Yes. I think a sexual therapist should keep their practice separate from any relations with their client. Sexual relationships can get messy and that could easily interfere with their practice. That said, I think it's a different story for a sexual surrogate to engage in sexual activities with a client. Sexual surrogates usually operate under the supervision of a therapist to assist a client.

Bonus:  Have you read any adult sex ed books lately? What do you recommend? I've been so busy finishing up my Bachelors degree that I haven't been able to read many sex-ed books. However, one of my absolute favorite books is Babeland's "Moregasm."

Join in the fun and check out TMI Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. So... do you want me to choke you, or not?

    Ha! But seriously, nice work and welcome to TMI. Your answer to #6 is better than mine, I didn't think to separate sexual therapy from sexual surrogacy, so thanks for raising that.

    (mine's here: http://wp.me/p32bD8-js)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to TMI Tuesday.

    1. Very interesting

    2. Good you know your limits and express it.

    Just so we're clear...I may wrap my fingers around your neck, right? :p

    3. I love anal play as a receiver but never tried a butt plug.

    Let us know how the exploration goes.

    6. You are educated in the field, and thanks for identifying the distinction.
    In the broad sense of the category are sexual surrogates also sexual therapists? Honest question, I don't know. I assume they have different training and licensing but became curious about the categories of occupation descriptions after reading your response.

    Happy TMI Tuesday.

    -Hedone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't sound cocky at all. I'm fascinated with the idea of sex therapy - living in my isolated little world I actually imagined it first and then googled it only to find that it does, indeed, exist as a legitimate practice.

    Your distinction between sex therapists and sex surrogates was a helpful bit that I didn't know. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete